Monday, April 20, 2015

Entry 8

What is the most important thing I have learned during my field work observation? Why?

  I have been around teaching for all my adult life.  I even remember being in 4th grade, and because I was a high achieving students, I was allowed to go to the cottage in the back of the building and work with the special education students.  It gave me an opportunity to show them how to finger knit.  Something they could do on there own, and would not cause any harm.  I remember that it was not teaching them how to do it, but how hard they worked for me to learn.  When they were able to make a chain, it was satisfying to see the look on their faces.  It was a successful moment for them.
  In the 6th grade classroom I worked with different groups in math.  We did a variety of projects trying to get the students to understand how to complete the task.  I took the time to kneel down next to them and engage in a working conversation.  One of the most important things I learned, showing that I cared and taking the time to give them attention they needed.  I was able to help them be successful.  Me...imagine that, I am going to make a difference in their lives.  I will be there to help them become successful and to be life long learners and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment